Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Holiday Challenge: An Update

Here's how I'm doing so far on my Holiday Challenge:

  • I requested a pile of books at www.paperbackswap.com and pretty much ran through all my credits. I requested a total of three books for my 6 year old, two for my 2 year old, two for my husband (my husband is, alas, not a reading enthusiast but I found some travel books that I think he will like) and one for me (hey, I deserve a present too!).

  • I won a drawing on the blog Moms Mutterings. (http://momsmutterings.blogspot.com) for a $25 gift certificate to ABC Ties. This will be a nice Diwali gift for my husband!

  • I found a couple of nice new tops for me for Diwali at a local thrift store. One is a lovely fancy top, and I think it will go great with some bottoms I already have. The other is a more simple top that I’m considering altering to make it into a tunic – depending on whether I feel adventurous enough to dust off my rusty sewing skills. Even if I do not alter it, I think some leggings would go great with it. Plus I also found a lovely Italian leather purse, not sure how old it is but it’s in beautiful condition. Total spent so far on clothing and accessories for me: $14.

  • I ordered two piggy banks and one kid’s t-shirt from Kellogg’s with their Toy Story 3 promotion http://toystory3.kelloggs.com/ . I had a few codes from Kellogg’s cereal boxes and traded stamps (from Quad Readers Club) for the rest. Waiting on one more code to order one more t-shirt.


Running total spent (listed by gift recipient):
6 year old - $0
2 year old - $1
Husband - $0
Me - $14

No comments:

Post a Comment