Friday, June 11, 2010

Migraine battles

The last few days have been marked by migraine battles -- I've been victorious lately, but I have an awful feeling that my days as migraine conqueror are numbered. The migraine is like a small dark cloud of buzzing gnats, hovering about 4 inches above my left temple. I can see them gathering there and feel the heat coming off their beating wings. If I focus hard enough, and eat/drink/do all the right things, they'll stay hovering there. One false move, though, and they will turn into locusts and descend on me, devouring all in their path. I have no wish to be chewed up and spit out by those beasts, so I fight the good fight and hold the migraine holds off.

1 comment:

  1. I stopped by to thank you for visiting my Dazzlin' Days blog. I hope your gnats went away and especially hope they didn't turn into locusts. Migraines are absolutely NOT fun!

    ReplyDelete